Once you download Murbani Theme, unzip the main item. you will see the following folders:
Murbani.zip- Theme files that you will need to upload into your WordPress themes directory
Documentation.zip- Documentation files, this which you are already browsing this momentt
Demo Content.zip- Demo Content such as pages, posts, and so on, title says it all.
Required Theme Plugins- Those are Required Premium plugins that you will need to install along with the theme in order for it to work properly
Licensing- Theme license (GPL) and other items used by the theme
When you activate the theme, you will need to install some mandatory plugins aswell, those are:
Functionality for Murbani Theme- Plugin required for the theme functionality
Contact Form 7- Used for the contact system.
Murbani can be installed in two different ways:
- Installing through WordPress
- Installing through FTP (File Transfer Protocol) - Manually uploading the unzipped theme into themes directory
Installation through WordPress
Installing a theme through WordPress is quite a simple process. After you have logged into WordPress account and are ready to go, in the admin panels sidebar navigate to appearance and then select themes. After that, click on the install themes tab and select upload from the navigation bar right below it. Click "choose file" button and locate your theme zip file (Murbani.zip) then hit install now. After Murbani has been installed locate and click activate.
Please be informed that you should not upload the whole item you have downloaded from Themeforest as you will get an error of broken stylesheet file. Instead locate the Murbani.zip file inside the main file you have downloaded.
While installing your theme through WordPress admin, you may encounter an error message saying "are sure you want to do this?". This is mainly due to your hosting php settings. Murbani theme zip file is roughly around 6mb and in some hostings the default value for max_upload_limit left default which is 2mb. To solve this problem you should either increase your maximum upload size (to 10mb) on your hosting admin panel or ask your host to do it for you if you do not have the privilege to alter your server php settings. This is a very common request and they should be able to help you out. Once the limit is increased you can re-try the install and you'll be all good to go.
- Download the Theme archive and extract the main theme zip file that contains
- You may need to preserve the directory structure in the archive when extracting these files. Some softwares like "winrar" create a sub directory with the same directory name they have unzipped. uploading the theme to your server via FTP with this structure is WRONG and you will face some errors.
- Use an FTP client (for example filezilla) to access your host web server
- Transfer your unzipped theme to your server in the wp-content/themes
- Once the theme is uploaded, you will need to activate it. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate your uploaded theme.
Installation through FTP
Importing Demo Content
Bellow is a step by step explanation on how to import our demo website content, please read carefully and if you face any problems that is not covered here, open a thread in our ticket system.
- Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Upload >
Murbani.zipand activate the theme.
- Begin installing the required plugins, and activate them.
- Go to Tools > Import > WordPress Importer and hit "Run Importer" after you've pressed import please wait a few seconds to have the demo installation completed. Important! Please don't navigate away while the installation is being performed. Done! NOTE:
- Done! You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.
It is best that you install the Demo Content on a fresh and clean database, that's because our One Click Demo Importer imports all the content, images/content even sets up the menu and frontpage of your website.
Increasing WordPress Limit
Increasing the WordPress Memory Limit
- Edit your wp-config.php file and search for this line, the default value should be 32M or 64M, raise it if needed:
- If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini If your line shows 32M try 64M:
- If you don't have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
- If none of the above works then talk with your hosting provider and let him know about your problem.
Note:Please note that WordPress memory can be different to the server - you need to set this regardless of server memory settings
memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (64MB)
php_value memory_limit 64M
Updating the Theme
There are 2 methods to update our WordPress themes to a newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bugfree website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time, some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with WordPress newer versions. There is no risk on losing your settings and pages. However if you had done modifictations on theme files, then they will be lost.
Update Through WordPress Admin Panel
- For this method you should first install Theme Upgrade Tool
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme. (eg.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on "Appearance > Themes".
- Still within the Themes section, on header tab, click on "Install Themes", then on header second tab click "Upload".
- Click "Browse..." and locate the new theme file. (eg.
- In the "Upgrade existing theme?" option choose "Yes" from the dropdown list.
- Click "Install Now".
- Click "Activate"
Update Through FTP
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
- Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting control panel and login into FTP
- Unzip the item main file
Murbani.zipand unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software doesn't create an extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- Drag and Drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination :
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing directory with the same name, choose to replace all.
- It will take a few minutes to replace all the files, so be patient and let it do its job.
Murbani Theme uses WordPress Customizer, an easy to use customizer that allows you to edit your theme even while you're in the front end view.
If you need to apply some small CSS tweaks to your theme, then you are in the right place. Please note that you should always have a copy of your custom codes as sometimes you may mistakenly reset the Customizer to default settings and you might lose all your custom css. Alternatively you may consider making a child theme if your customisation is beyond just a few lines of CSS.
Custom Page Templates
Murbani Theme comes with two custom page templates such as "Index Page", "Contact Page" and "About Page".
Page Templates you easily customize the layout of your page only by filling a few fields text fields.
We've done all of this to ease up your work and make your build process even faster
As the title says this page template is the simple, the default page template for every WordPress theme.
This is used for the Portfolio items specifically. You can choose what projects you want to display on your page with a simple click.
This kind of page template is mostly used for the Contact page of your website.
You can customize the Page Title, Phone Number, Email Address, Social Media icons and also the background styling for that specific page.
This kind of page template is mostly used for the About page of your website.
You can customize the Page Title, Blockquote, Contact me label with the url target for it, and also the background styling for that specific page.
Murbani uses custom posts for each Portfolio item, all of them will be displayed on your HomePage or desired page using the Portfolio shortcode.
You can choose what kind of Project you want to add, video, slider, images showcase and so on...
Portfolio Items contains the image and the content.
Standard Posts Formats support: Video/Image/Quote/Audio/Gallery
Murbani Theme supports standard posts formats such as Image, Video, Gallery and more.
You can use those formats if you need some extra formats besides the ones that come with our theme (our custom posts).
Also you can use them even in your standard posts.